Indie authors (especially self-published authors, which is what “indie” really means to me anyway) can submit their books to me for review.
Fill in your name below, along with your email address, your book’s title in the subject line and a brief message with a synopsis of the book.
I have some guidelines and stipulations:
- I might not review your book. I might be too busy. Sorry.
- I am generally looking for fantasy or science fiction. If you submit other genres, odds are you will never hear back from me. There are some rare exceptions (I’ve reviewed Johnny B. Truant’s The Bialy Pimps, for example).
- If I contact you back, I’ll want your book as a .mobi file. Only a .mobi file. Not an .epub. Not a PDF. NOT A WORD DOC. a .mobi file.
If I read your book and like it, I’ll post a review when I can. It’ll go on my website and on my Goodreads page. I’ll post a picture with an Amazon affiliate link and a link to your site, if you have one (which you should).
Be warned. If I read your book and dislike it, it will go on my “Undesirables” list. The list has two Sections:
- NOT MY STYLE: Books which are at least professional, but that are just completely not to my tastes, and
- STAY AWAY: Books that are unprofessional. Inconsistencies. Poor language, grammar and punctuation. An absolute chore to try and read.
Books in Section 1 might include The Malazan Book of the Fallen. Well-written dark fantasy. Totally not my style. Everything’s terrible and everyone in that book suffers through every page. Some people love it (friends of mine included). It’s just not for me. So don’t feel bad if you’re in that category; you can tell people you’re on the same list as The Malazan Book of the Fallen. I’ll include a link to your book in the title on the list.
I won’t list books included in Section 2. But if your book is a Section 2, you will not get a review. You will not get a link (so don’t try to build backlinks to your page). And you will not receive answers from future submissions. Grant me at least the respect to make sure your book is professional before you submit it. I’m not looking for works in progress.
If I’ve sufficiently scared you off, you can find many other (possibly more lenient) book reviewers over at theindieview.com/.
Thanks everybody! Kisses!
SECTION 1: NOT MY STYLE
The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson
The Overlooked by Tam’ra Perry
SECTION 1: STAY AWAY
The Last Field of Honor by J. L. Flicks